The parish has a number of groups that meet regularly and share in fellowship and hospitality. These include:
- The Dinner Club is a wonderful forum for parishioners and non-parishioners alike to get to know one another and to build closer personal relationships. The group meets on the 3rd Friday of each month, usually at 6.30 p.m., and mostly at local restaurants. All are welcome to join our friendly and hospitable group. Just let Jan (0407 714 008) OR Peter (0407 329 486) know if you’d like to come.
Men’s Tea Group:
- Is a welcoming and hospitable group that enjoys sharing fellowship, stories and good conversation over a meal and a glass or two of wine. The group meet at the church on the 2nd Sunday of each month (except January) at 6pm for a casual meal prepared by one of the group members (on a volunteer basis). There is usually a guest speaker who may or may not be one of the group members. Membership is open to all, and many of the group are not parishioners.
MSG (or Mutual Support Group):
- Is a warm, welcoming group of ladies who meet monthly for friendship and support. Ladies of all ages, working, retired, church going, non church going are welcome to come along. Our program varies monthly and includes social evenings in homes, dinner at a local restaurant and sometimes a speaker on a topic of interest. We meet monthly at 7pm on the first Friday in every month except January. For more information please contact Liz Gibbs (0421 774 762) OR Leonie Buchanan (0433 314 222).
- The Thursday Guild is a group who meet for fellowship, keeping contact between those attending 8am & 10am Sunday Eucharist. We support each other when in trouble and help with fund raising for the Church. We meet on the third Thursday of the month at 1.30pm for lunch in the John Steele room, or in other venues as agreed by the group. Please contact Rose Hallo phone 93303160 or 0423134783 for more information.
- The monthly Parish BBQ is held on the first Sunday of each month at 12pm in the John Steele Room (which is accessed through the church). The BBQ is a great opportunity for people to share fellowship and good conversation over a meal and a glass of wine. A ‘gold coin donation’ is appreciated to cover the cost of the meat and salads, and people are encouraged to BYO wine. You need not be a parishioner to attend the BBQ, all are welcome to come along and join us.
Pastoral Care Group:
- Pastoral care is an ancient model of emotinoal and spiritual support for Church Members and those connected with the church. Nominated Pastoral Carers ‘walk alongside others’ in the spirit of gentleness, loving-care, respect and friendship. Any request for assistance is strictly confidential and a carer will ask your permission to share your situation with others. If you are in need of fellowship or a helping hand please contact Fr. Michael on 0419 114 870 or speak with our carers, Nina, Trish or Dianna.