Rev’d Michael Danaher
Fr. Michael, St. Andrew’s Parish Priest was ordained a deacon in the Anglican Diocese of Melbourne on 6 February 2016, and was ‘priested’ on 26 November 2016.
He is passionate about ministry, in particular preaching the Scriptures, celebrating the Eucharist and making pastoral visits to people in need.
The parish of St Andrew’s has a long history of involvement with the local community, with the current church building being established in St Kinnord Street, Aberfeldie in 1923.
Many members of the local community have been members of the St Andrew’s Tennis Club at one time or another, and a large number have sent their children to the St Andrew’s Kindergarten during the 60 plus years of its operation.
The style of worship at St Andrew’s can best be described as mild ‘Anglo-Catholic’, with candles on the altar table and the priest wearing an alb and chasuble. The parish community is a warm and welcoming one, providing a number of different social groups and activities that people can take part in.